Newman Outdoor Field Rules
You can maximize your enjoyment of the show and avoid any issues with Newman Outdoor Field security by following the rules below. If a specific event allows for items listed below, it will be noted in the show description. If you have any questions, you can contact Newman Outdoor Field at (701) 235-6161
Newman Outdoor Field offers seven areas of seating for handicapped and persons requiring wheelchairs as well as permanent companion seating. The areas are in reserved sections A, D, E, J, K, on the concourse level, as well as Section L of the Third Base Red Reserved and the back portion of General Admission. These seats cost the same as regular seating, however The General Admission Handicapped access seats do require their own tickets.
Please contact the Newman Outdoor Field office at (701) 235-6161 for any questions regarding accommodations.
COVID-19 Related Policy
Please contact the Newman Outdoor Field office at (701) 235-6161 for any questions relating to current COVID-19 related policy
Family Atmosphere Policy
The Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks insist on maintaining a family atmosphere at Newman Outdoor Field. Guests attempting to enter the field of play without permission will be subject to arrest and be asked to leave the game. Guests using foul or abusive language, guests appearing to be intoxicated, or any other similar behavior that jeopardizes the family atmosphere will also result in being asked to leave.
Late Arrival Policy
Gates open one hour before the scheduled start of the game or show. Guests are encouraged to plan their travel and parking arrangements accordingly. Some events may bar entry for late arrivals as specified in the program description. If you have questions please contact the venue at (701) 235-6161.
Lost and Found Policy
If you find a lost item, you may give it to a RedHawks usher or bring it to the MinnKota Windows Guest Relations Booth on the concourse level next to the main gate.
Onsite security staff can assist you with finding the lost and found for any missing items during events. After events, you may call Newman Outdoor Field at 701-235-6161 to discuss your missing items. Newman Outdoor Field does not claim responsibility for any missing items.
Children are allowed to play at the Bell Bank Playground at no fee. It is located along the right-field line next to the visitor’s bullpen. It is covered by a protective net, so kids can play without worrying about foul balls. Parents are responsible for their own children.
The following items are not allowed at most Newman Outdoor Field events.
- Unopened Outside Alcohol
- No bags will be permitted into the venue except for small clutches (9″ x 5″ x 2″ max).
- Backpacks of any size are not allowed.
- Cameras with interchangeable/detachable lens or external flash (No Professional Photography)
- Audio/Visual Recording Devices (includes GoPro, Google Glass, Spectacles, etc.)
- Selfie Sticks, Tripods, Monopods
- Outside Food, Beverage, or Alcohol (Refillable water bottles are allowed)
- Cans, Metal/Glass/Plastic Containers, Bottles, or Flasks (empty or sealed bottles included)
- Laptops, Tablets, Personal Computers, or Two-Way Radios
- Weapons, Firearms, Pepper Spray, Pocket Knives or Mace
- Illegal Drugs or Substances
- Flammable Liquids, Aerosol Cans, or Permanent Markers
- Flashlights, Laser Pointers, Light/Glow Sticks, Flares, or Fireworks
- Noise Making Devices (i.e. Air Horns, whistles, bells, vuvuzelas, etc.)
- Balloons, Balls, Projectiles, or Optical Illusions
- Skateboards, Segways, Scooters, Rollerblades, Bicycles, Hover boards, and Helmets
- Coolers, Ice Chests, Folding Chairs, or Pointed-Tip Umbrellas
- Flowers (unless otherwise permitted by Tour Production)
- Seat Cushions or Booster Seats
- Patrons Without Shoes or Shirt
- Masks, Chains, or Studded Belts/Bracelets
- Drones (without prior written consent from Arena Management)
- Animals or Pets (accommodations made for trained, harnessed, and housebroken service animals)
- Unapproved Pamphlets, Handouts, Ads, or Flyers without prior consent from Arena Management
- Clothing, garments, or signs displaying explicit language, profanity, or derogatory characterization toward any person(s)
Signs, Flags, or Banners
Management reserves the right to prohibit items not listed above.
All ticket sales are final. Newman Outdoor Field DOES NOT OFFER CASH REFUNDS once tickets are purchased. Exchanges are available only in the event of a rain out. Rain checks will be honored by exchanging them for a ticket of equal or lesser value to any future RedHawks regular season home games, subject to availability.
A complete game consists of 4 1/2 innings if the RedHawks are ahead, and 5 innings if the RedHawks are trailing or the score is tied. In the event inclement weather forces cancellation of any game prior to that point, the RedHawks rain check policy takes effect. There will be no cash refunds of any tickets.
If other events allow refunds it will be noted in the program description.
Smoking is prohibited in all areas of Newman Outdoor Field except the Budweiser Beer Garden.
Final decisions regarding tailgating belong with North Dakota State University. You can contact the NDSU Police at 701-231-8998 for the policy on tailgating.
The following rules apply to all ticketed events. If a specific event has an exception it should be noted in the event description.
- Every person who wishes to gain entrance to the ballpark must purchase a ticket.
- Children age 2 or younger do not need a ticket as long as the child sits with in the lap of an accompaning adult. If that child wants a seat of his/her own a ticket will need to be purchased.
- The RedHawks Ticket Office accepts cash, check, Visa, Master Card, American Express, or Discover. You may be asked for identification to verify your ticket purchase.
- All online and phone orders are subject to a $2.00 handling fee per ticket ordered.
- Once tickets are received by a party, it is the sole responsibility of that party to ensure the security of their tickets. Any ticket lost, stolen, or destroyed will not be replaced.
In addition, all ticket sales are final and no refunds will be allowed. If a show is canceled or rescheduled you may contact the Newman Outdoor Field office at 701-235-6161 to discuss the situation.
For ticket information and related policies please check out the Newman Outdoor Field Tickets page.